"The New Re-Designed Model 3!"
The new re-designed Model 3
represents Ken Donnell's 25 year quest to create the perfect
quick mount microphone system for both nylon and steel string guitars.
The new Model 3 is easy to install,
easy to use, and
can produce either a line level, or a mic
The new Model 3 will work with almost any type of amplification gear currently available, from small amplifiers to recording studios & concert hall P.A. systems, and is compatible with most guitar effects devices. There are no modifications to any guitar required for installation.
Here is a list of changes that we have made to the new re-designed Model 3:
1. The Model 3 now uses our "studio series" of mic elements (currently used with the Model 7 end pin mount). These elements are the most quiet we have available, and have a full range frequency response of 50 - 16K hz
2. The Model 3 now includes 2 separate power supplies:
• The EPS-2 creates a balanced mic level signal (500 ohms) using 9-48v phantom power
• The EPS-1 creates a 2 conductor line level signal (4.5K ohms) using 12v battery power. This power supply is pre-EQ'd to help control low to mid range bass frequencies.
3. Improvements for the mounting & cables so that the new Model 3 installs more easily, is more durable, and uses most standard cables.
Between now & March 31, 2015, we will sell the new
Model 3 at the old price of $325.00.
Most "common knowledge" within the music industry
for amplifying acoustic guitars applies to pickups, which have been used
to amplify guitars for over 70 years. Using on-board - or close mic
installation of microphones is only about 30 years old, so knowledge
within the music industry is still catching up to advance of microphone
technology represented by the 2Mic design. When "pickup logic" is used
to process a 2Mic signal, sometimes the end result can be disappointing.
But when "microphone logic" is applied, the 2Mic will perform
This document will provide some basic information about how microphones and pickups operate. More important there is specific information about the 2Mic, so that you can apply "2Mic logic" to how you use your MiniFlex and get fantastic results in every application.